Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 1

We finally got our first update from Kyle! He is doing very well! He seems to be enjoying the MTC and is working really hard on learning the Russian language! He loves his companion, Elder Jones and has made quite a few other friends in the past week. 

He didn't have much time to talk but I asked him a few questions about life in the MTC and these were his responses...

Do you get along with all the Russian missionaries?
As for the Donetsk elders, yeah we all get along great! They're really laid back, so if it means anything I'm pretty much the most disciplined out of all of us haha. 

What's your schedule like on most days?
My schedule is pretty much wake up at 6:30, eat at 7:10, go to the class for 3 hours, study language for a couple hours, lunch, back to the class for 3 more hours, then an hour of individual study time, a couple random study block period things, then dinner, then more studying and bed. It gets pretty old haha. I can't believe I've been here for a week though! 

What do you do in your free time? 
In my freetime I usually read the book twice, go through pictures and letters, workout a little bit, and play some basketball. I play basketball about an hour a day,

How are you handling all that cafeteria food?
The cafeteria food is fine, so far. I know it's taking a toll on some of the guys here though haha. I haven't drank any soda, I stick with OJ every day haha :P 

Is there anything you need I can send you?
Please send me bread! MMMMmmm i need homemade bread! :)

His response was so typical,  if you know anything about Kyle, it's that he loves his bread!

 
Kyle with another Elder that is also going to Ukraine.

Kyle with some other Russian speaking Sisters and Elders.
                                                     
His awesome Russian name tag!


Russian looks pretty hard!
Don't forget to send Kyle letters! He says they are the highlight of his day and they help keep him motivated! 

-Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment