Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 3 in Gorlovka!

Hello World! 
This week has been yet another great week in Gorlovka. So first off, the weather here has actually been great. It's way warmer than what it usually is here, so I'm definitely grateful for that. It's been pretty rainy, so it's been very reminiscent of home.

I'm trying to think of where to begin. Hm. Well, I saw a dead dog frozen on the sidewalk one day. That was pretty weird I guess. There's tons of dogs here, and I've seen a lot of weird dogs already even though I haven't been here for very long. On a different note I found out that Gorlovka has a 5% chance of blowing up each year. 

(Click here to read more about it!)
Hurray for abandoned Soviet factories! haha. 

Fun fact: Instead of painting walls over, Ukrainians rub a weird chalk substance on it, so if you bump into it, your clothes get covered and it's super hard to get off. I'm a clumsy guy, so it kinda sucks. 

Okay! Enough jumping around! So this week has been hectic. Since we run double the normal size area, we have a lot of people to meet with and not a lot of time for contacting. (Which is a bummer, I really like contacting). When I say contacting, I mean to people on the street. Our investigators are all doing well. On Wednesday we got five new investigators. Talk about hectic, Lots of lessons! The Russian is coming along fine, but it's kind of hard because people here speak Russian with a Ukrainian twist on some pronunciations. It makes me think twice about what is being said.

Sorry this is short, I'm out of time. In short though ,this week I have been thinking a lot about my blessings. Even though the living conditions are less than ideal and I'm not 100% sure of what's going on all the time, I feel super blessed to be given the opportunity to be out here helping people, whether it be coming closer to Christ or just bettering their lives in general. We have been blessed with a lot of people that want to listen to our message, and it's really cool to see how often they agree with our doctrine. Sadly, even though they agree with it they are too addicted to alcohol or other substances that turns them off of it. It's kind of scary to see how much of a hold some of the addictions here have on peoples lives.


Anyways, I promise next week will be more substance filled. I love you all! Thank you for everything that you do for me. 


Love,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment