Monday, January 28, 2013

5 Months Down!

Kyle wasn't able to send a long update on his past week, but I just wanted to post a few excerpts of things he was able to send. 

You'll be happy to know that it was much less eventful this week! As for the youth in our ward, we have 0 girls from age 11-26. Quite a gap, haha. I know for things like seminary, the young men in our ward come in and do stuff at the church by themselves for a bit and then go home, but it's only once or twice a week cuz some of them live so far away. It's really amazing to see how strong the members are here. 

You will be happy to know that Elder Smith and I are easily the most obedient missionaries I've seen in the mission so far. It's definitely paid off too. I have never felt safer. Members ask us to call them when we get home so they know we made it home safely, but like I said, because of the Spirit I've never felt safer. It's a pretty amazing thing.

Referring to last week's knife incident:
I love looking back and laughing at it! You can probably imagine me sort of laughing like "What are you doing, man?" As he's threatening to kill us. Sometimes I think I might be a little too positive, haha :)

It amazes me how positive Kyle is despite all the challenges, living conditions, and people he is faced with. It reminds me of the scripture, 
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven" -Matthew 5:16
I have never seen the light of Christ shine so profoundly out of Kyle. He is loving every minute of his mission and is continuing to makes us all proud! 

If you get a chance send him a letter: 
Elder Kyle Litzenberger
Ukraine Donetsk Mission
Prospekt Bogdana Khmelnitskogo 67A
Donetsk, 83087 Ukraine

Until Next Week,
Christina 

Look at that smile!
"A member here--Valerie Boika. The lighting is weird, but I just had to take a picture of him with his "Freedom" Shirt. I love that guy."

Shoveling snow outside the church! I don't know if you can tell, but it easily went up to my knees. It was insane trying to walk there in the morning. I felt like a pioneer, haha.

One of the many large carrots we found in the grocery store. 

Me being myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment