Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 32!


When I was serving in Gorlovka (Kyle's old area) I found an older woman named Lydia. I worked with her several times a week for 3 months or so. When I left she was on date to be baptized, and she's been keeping in contact with me since i've gotten here (in Donetsk). A couple days ago she called me after her baptism and told me that she was so grateful I hadn't given up on her, and it was the best day of her life. It was really touching. I wasn't there for it, and I wasn't the person that baptized her, but I know that I helped make a big difference in her life. I was the one that found her! It was a great feeling. We are all truly planting seeds everywhere we go.
We've been focusing on getting the zone all pumped up. We have been doing a good job in our positions I think. In our zone alone we doubled the amount of people on date that were for the entire mission! It wasn't that much because the mission is in a huge slump right now, but it's still a start.

Other than that, the weather has been warm and we are keeping busy with lots of lessons. Sorry I don't have a lot of time this week, I will be sure to give you a better update next week!

I love you all,
Kyle 
The Shakhtar Jersey I got here.  

This fly was HUGE. It was flying around my head on the bus ride to internet today. Easily an inch and a half long.
Just a picture overlooking the bridge that leads from our area into center Donetsk.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'll try to get more this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment