Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 13: Zone Leader!


 So transfer meeting was, well, interesting. I was called to go to transfer meeting to pick up my companion, so I hopped on the transfer bus the mission hired and went down to Donetsk. While there, they were reading off companionships, and then it got to Gorlovka. "Coming out of training, will be Elder Litzenberger serving as Zone Leader of Gorlovka, with Elder Groothuyzen as his companion". Needless to say, I was pretty shocked. There has never, in the history of this mission at least, been a transfer three missionary as Zone Leader. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but it really is a shock. I'm still shocked. I got my wish of wanting more work to do, haha! Then, last night I got the call in numbers from all the missionaries here in Gorlovka, and my level of being shocked diminished a little bit. Needless to say, we have a lot of work to do here, and a lot of increased productivity needed. 
Being zone leader here in Gorlovka is kind of like being second counselor in the sense of running branch activities and all that, and I have to go down to Donetsk quite a bit for meetings with President and all of the other Zone leaders. I guess you could say more or less I'm in charge of this city in terms of missionary work. I'm excited! I promised President that I was going to try and get the missionaries more motivated, more focused, and double numbers. I really think we can. I think we can do great things here if people work hard enough and work together!

Anyways, there is a good quote about working hard by Seneca that is my "motto" if you will, for the transfer. "No man knows what he may accomplish except by trying". In other words, "Why not?" I'm a firm believer that as long as I work as hard as possible, and as long as I have faith then the sky is the limit. If I'm willing to do the Will of the Lord, no matter how challenging it might appear, then he will qualify me for it. 

Have a great week, love you all!
Kyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment