Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 15: Crazy Grandma, President, & New Mission


Hello! This week has been crazy! I'm sorry this is short, but here's the lowdown of what's been going on:
I still get along with my companion Elder Groothuyzen really well. He's been pretty sick lately, so I've been doing a lot of housework and making lots of phone calls. Hmmmmm lets see...any crazy stories this week.
Oh yeah! That crazy grandma lady that we are pretty sure is possessed, well, when Groothuyzen was sick I walked into the kitchen and was making some food, and I heard a tapping and look out and she's staring into our window with the creepiest grin ever! I got super jumpy for a second, then got mad and was like "GET OUT OF HERE GRANDMA" and went up and hit the window and started yelling at her in English. Hahaha. I think that's the only crazy thing that happened so far ;) I have a feeling this week is going to be pretty wild though!

President Campero came and told me that he was going to America for a little over a month because he is having some health issues. In the meantime, we have President Podvodov (works for the mission, was St. Petersburg last mission president) taking over. He doesn't speak any English. ZLC will be interesting. Anyways, if you can, keep president Campero in your prayers. I don't think the mission knows about it, other than the APs and ZLs, but I think it's a little more serious than he makes it out to be. Hopefully he will be back soon.

I heard about the new mission, and I'm incredibly pumped. The fact they are opening a new mission in western Ukraine makes it evident that they are trying to establish another stake there, which, after Donetsk would make 3 in Ukraine. That would be more than all of Russia. The work is really moving forward here. In the dedicatory prayer of Ukraine, it says that temples will pierce the sky across all of Ukraine. Last week our mission was highest in all of the key indicators for the Europe East area. The Donetsk mission has a ton of potential, it's just a matter of getting missionaries to realize what they are capable of. They have talked about splitting this mission in the future, making a Kharkov mission and a Donetsk mission, but that won't be for another 5-10 years at least is my guess. 

Things have been pretty good, and the weather is getting a little chillier, but the sunlight is starting to peak out of the clouds more. I love you all, and I promise I'll be more diligent in writing in the future! 

P.S. Jordan Smith. Man. That In-N-Out picture killed me. >.< All in due time!
Love you all! You're the best!

With love,
Kyle
Last Pday around 3:30 shooting hoops. Yes, it gets that dark here that early!

Cliche "Onward Christian Soldiers"

This icicle is nothing compared to some of the ones here! 

"Gorlovka the BEST" graffiti that I laugh at everytime I see it!
6 Month Picture

The field behind our apartment



No comments:

Post a Comment